Stephen Durant, Esquire
Mr. Durant is a commercial litigator with the highest (AV) rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He has practiced in state and federal courts in the area of complex commercial litigation throughout his career.
His practice includes the following:
- Representation of businesses in disputes involving purchase and sale of their assets, in resolution of shareholder derivative claims, and disputes involving dissolution of the entity.
- Representation of city, counties, and county officials within Florida.
- Extensive experience in enforcement and defense of claims relating to covenants not to compete and all aspects of employment contracts.
- Representation of parties in disputes relating to complex real estate transactions and construction contracts.
- Resolution of disputes involving insurance agents, including designation as lead counsel for defendants in a nationwide federal action designated by the Court as complex litigation.
State & Federal Court Admissions
Florida Bar – 1974
United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit
United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida