Yale Law School, J.D., 1974
Princeton University, A.B., 1968
Member, Florida Bar Litigation Section
Member, Jacksonville Bar Association
Stephen Durant, Esquire
Mr. Durant is a commercial litigator with the highest (AV) rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He has practiced in state and federal courts in the area of complex commercial litigation throughout his career.
Mr. Durant is admitted in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, the First District Court of Appeals, and United States District Court - Middle District of Florida.
His practice includes the following:
- Representation of businesses in disputes involving purchase and sale of their assets, in resolution of shareholder derivative claims, and disputes involving dissolution of the entity.
- Representation of city, counties, and county officials within Florida.
- Extensive experience in enforcement and defense of claims relating to covenants not to compete and all aspects of employment contracts.
- Representation of parties in disputes relating to complex real estate transactions and construction contracts.
- Resolution of disputes involving insurance agents, including designation as lead counsel for defendants in a nationwide federal action designated by the Court as complex litigation.
Durant, Schoeppel, & Decunto, P.A., Jacksonville, Florida
Partner since 2006
Hedrick Dewberry Regan & Durant, P.A., Jacksonville, Florida
Member from 2001-2006
Martin Ade Birchfield & Mickler, P.A., Jacksonville, Florida
Partner from 1978 to 2001 Associate from 1974 to 1978
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
Mr. Durant is a former Chairman of the Board of the Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, is a Rotarian and, since 1991 has been involved as volunteer counsel for Stanton Rowing Foundation.